Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome to Detroit: Jordin Tootoo

God I hate that I have to write this one... I am giving Ken Holland the benefit of the doubt with this one. Mostly because of this:


and this: Video I mean seriously? Who pushes Datsyuk??

Moving on...

Ken Holland went out and signed Tootoo for 3 years, $1.9Mil per.

Cautiously optimistic about this one... Mike Babcock called Wings management out at the end of the playoffs, after the Nashville series, for not having enough "grit." Babcock said we had no one to keep the flies off. That is what Tootoo brings. Tootoo is an agitator and he's darn good at it. Tootoo, if he plays the way he can, would be a return to Kirk Maltby-ish play. If it happens, I like it! I loved Maltby and if Tootoo can be that... I'm all for it.

Here's what the Red Wings Blogosphere says:

JJ from Winging It In Motown:
"Jordin Tootoo is a Red Wing for three years. He will get paid an average of $1.9M for each of those three years.
I will spend every single one of those games listening for a person blowing one of those stupid whistles in the crowd and praying that they get tuberculosis of the colon.
Ok, here goes on the trying to be nice: Jordin Tootoo's 30 points last year was actually pretty damn good. You know what? It's more than Justin Abdelkader put up. He's also apparently really bought into the whole playing hockey for your team and not trying to be a selfish idiot. Of course, this is coming not too long after he played all of three games in the playoffs, and only one against Detroit because it took him no time at all to take a stupid penalty.
I guess if you want a guy who really likes to fight, Tootoo's your man. I might eventually get used to this signing."
The Chief from Abel To Yzerman
"Absolutely despise the Tootoo signing. I honestly dislike this player and I’m not sure I’ll be able to set that aside."
and
"And just to repeat: the Tootoo signing disgusts me."
 Okay, I'm done. I've calmed down from yesterday's unhappiness... I am slowly coming to terms with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment