Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Because I Live In Chicago...

I read the Chicago Tribune and lots of other Chicago news outlets. What that translates to is: I read a lot about what the Blackhawks should improve upon -- I like to laugh.

What I found this morning though, surprised me. This is an article entitled "Hawks GM Has Work To Do." The article details how the top 6 in Chicago is pretty much a top 3 at most top 4 -- and Toews/Hossa are concussion issues. I found it interesting considering the amount of people who think that the Blackhawks organization can do no wrong. The level of bandwagon-ing that goes on in Chicago is almost indescribable. (It really hurts to live here...)

Anyways, you may be looking/ reading thinking about what all of this has to do with the Red Wings and why I care. Well, I care because I like to laugh about how Chicago "fans" are starting to realize that when you win the Cup and then, get rid of your team in a fire sale, chances are you will bow out of the playoffs early each year following.

To answer the other part, how does this relate to the Wings, I say this. Ken Holland and Mike Babcock were all about the fact that what the team needed after the first round playoff loss was "just a few tweaks." I have full faith in Kenny, he's never given me a reason to doubt him, and he needs to pump up our team. In some ways, I believe that every few years, personnel need to change in order to keep a team a contender (Note: this can be changing a coach/players/asst. coaches/etc).


What I'm saying is that the "tweaks" we need are completely different than the "tweaks" that Steve Rosenblum is saying the Blackhawks need -- he argues that they need more than tweaks and saying "tweaks" makes him nervous. What we need is at least one more sniper (top -six forward) and two high end defensemen. That may sound like a lot, and it is but, it is much better than the three top six forwards and a few defensemen that Rosenblum argues the Hawks are in need of.

I think that most Wings fans are in the same boat as me, with the thought process "In Kenny We Trust" but, for those who aren't... the Wings aren't in as dire a situation as the world thinks. We need to add some pieces and we need to get better but, we are pretty good as we are.

Keep the faith Winged Wheelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment