Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nick Lidstrom



Nick Lidstrom. Where do I start? 20 seasons. 7 Norris Trophies. 4 Stanley Cups. 
Nick Lidstrom and the Wings have scheduled a press conference for 11 am tomorrow. I cannot imagine a reason/ way that he doesn’t retire tomorrow. All the decisions to come back have come via conference call in the last couple years. What follows is my letter to Lidstrom:
Dear Nick,
Thank you. Thank you, Nicklas Erik Lidstrom. Thank you for being the man/ player that all of Detroit is incredibly proud to have. Most of all, thank you for gracing the ice for all these years. If you do decide that tomorrow is the last day of your professional hockey career, I will support you. You are the greatest defenseman to ever grace the ice (Longevity and class puts you above Orr).
I have never known a Red Wings team without you. You have always been a part of the fold. I will forever respect and recognize you as the best in the world.
Thank you for all the memories.
Signed,
A Red Wings fan since Birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment